Sunday, October 2, 2011

This & That

The kids had picture day this week.  I dread this day as a parent. Gotta make sure they look good, stress over if they will still look good 3 hours later at picture time. And the cost! Depsite it all they all looked very nice, and i didn't even realize they were all wearing plaid until i took these pics.





 I picked up a new camera yesterday at the city-wide yard sales. Its a Kodak Easyshare Z612 for $35! It has manual settings that i'm really excited to play around with. Our other good deal of the day was a pair of Justin boots for K for only $25. I feel like i spent alot of $$$ on yard sales, but i got some good deals that I just couldn't pass up. Lovin the pictures this camera takes :)




There have been hints that the new Craft Hope project will be sock monkeys. Totally excited! I've always wanted to try a sock monkey. So i've begun playing around with different patterns to get a jump start before the project is announced.
 One crocheted and one made from men's work socks. I have another crochet pattern that i wanna try, but for now i'm leaning toward the traditional sock monkey.
We're all pretty taken with them. :)

And last but not least I signed up for the Block Lotto this week. And the block was announced yesterday as quilters choice. I have my 3 different blocks picked out, now i've just gotta stop making sock monkeys long enought to make them. My goal is to get one set of 3 done today, we'll see how that goes. :)

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment