Monday, October 24, 2011

Whew!

I feel quite accomplished as i head back to work tonight. I may not have done much housework, but I had a great weekend with my kids and got some great crafting done! :)

I have everything ready to start sewing on our new quilt for our bed. It's gonna be gorgeous! I can't wait to start on it this weekend. I am using this tutorial for paper piecing string quilts. The white strips are cut to 1" for the center of every quare and the prints range from 1"-2.5". My paper square are done using printer paper and are cut to 6.5" squares. Makenzie helped me cut some of the strips, and Blake provided his awesome ironing skills. Later on i'm gonna let Olivia help me rip off the paper so that all the kids helped make mommy and daddy's quilt. :)



This beautiful fabric is going to be Makenzie's first quilt. this baby quilt is her pattern. Once she gets it done it will be going to the Children of the Promise facility in Haiti.



Behind that fabric block is my new flannel board that i made from this tutorial. I think it's gonna be a great tool as I continue making quilt blocks.

This huge thing of yarn will be made into a hooded towel also going to the Children of the Promise.



And of course I'm still making monkeys!

These are the two that I finished this weekend. Two complete out of my goal of 5, a little dissapointed but I know that I got alot done besides monkeys.  Pity party over now. lol

This is my complete gaggle of monkeys so far. Love them!

And a little closer shot.

Out of all 6 monkeys i've made so far, this little guy is my favorite. I MAY have even slept with him a time or two. Don't judge me, he's adorable. lol


I have alot of projects in the works, and I didn't even mention my new knitting obsession. But for now it's off to bed to prepare myself for 4 nights of some nursing. :)


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment