Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Being cancelled is great

I was able to do more than i'd planned today since i got called off work.  I started sewing my blocks together for our quilt. It will be 98x85. 252 little blocks, turned into 64 13 inch blocks. It's gonna be a long process.

5 blocks down, 247 to go!

I will call this quilt Manic Meadow. Manic for the randomness of the layout, and meadow for the colors. I found this quote and fell in love...  The meadow: green in spring, gold in summer, brown in fall,
white in winter, everlasting,ever-changing!
Today was sneak peek day for the Block Lotto, and I got a block done for that too. It was alot of fun to make, can't wait to see what everyone else does. We can't share until November 1st though.

Today was also the revealing of the second CVQ BOM. I love Vicki's detailed instructions. Here is the link. I'm hoping to make mine tomorrow morning. After my walmart run of course.

Off to knit on my monkey, but I leave you with this. My son is obsessed with the coke/mentos phenomenon. I captured his second attempt...


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment