Yes, I bailed on my own photo challenge. I am slightly dissapointed in myself, but more irritated that I thought November was a good time to do it. I have some handmade Christmas gifts I'm trying to finish and I recently took on a BIG project that I can't share yet. :) So I will let the photo challenge go and focus on having a great holiday season and making it great for others.
That said... We had a great "Thanksgiving". I had to work Thanksgiving night, so dinner wasn't happening for us that day. So while hubby worked Wednesday the kids and I made dinner. And it took all day! I'm so glad they were out of school and home with me. We had alot of fun.
We made deviled eggs, played with the turkey, 2 awesome pumpkin pies, and Blake got to pull the organ bag out. lol
Kenzie buttered up the bird, and the girls cleaned the deviled egg filling bowl. We had a blast inspecting the turkey's organs. It was a good little lesson for the kids. Blake DID NOT eat the heart! He was pretty grossed out by it actually, just goes to show what a camera hog this kid is.
Through the madness of the cooking on Wednesday, I also managed to get my sock monkeys mailed off for Craft Hope's Project 15.
On the left is the knit monkey pattern I found on the Patton website. He was very easy to make, just took awhile. I think I was just over the making of the monkeys by the time he was done. And my finished gaggle of monkeys! 8 in all sent to little ones in TX. Love Craft Hope! Can't wait to see what projects are in store for the coming year.
And last (I think) but not least we decorated for Christmas yesterday! I love decorating. The kids are always so excited and it's a welcome change to our home.
the stockings were hung... using a stocking hanger that I made last year using a cabinet door and some knobs. I also made the stockings last year as part of UCreate's Create with Me. I made the reindeer sign a few weeks ago and added the kid's thumbprint reindeer. I have to remember to put the date on the back of this at some point. Our advent calendar is done, YAY! Olivia decorated her gingerbread man for school this evening using candy sprinkles. I'm sure her teacher will love that! lol
Ok i'm off to cut fabric for November's BOM, maybe knit a little on my scarf (which will be a christmas gift for olivia), and read before bed. Whew reliving the last few days has kinda worn me out!
Laura




No comments:
Post a Comment