Sunday, November 13, 2011

day 13 and start of advent

Day 13- myself with 13 (25) things.



That is the beginning of our advent calendar. A better picture...

I got a box of tins in various sizes at a yard sale for $3 earlier this year. I had no idea what I was gonna do with them but I knew I was getting a steal. I used 25 for this project and still have at least that many left.

I randomly placed the different sizes on a bulletin board. I first tried to attach them using push pins. It held the tin in place, but came right off the board when I took the lid off. So I switched to the good ole reliable hot glue gun. Worked like a charm! With my day off this week we will decorate with fabric/patterned paper/embellishments. I'm really looking forward to filling these little tins up for the kids this december.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment