So to start out, I realized that the 1 block i made for Sept. was not supposed to be squared to 8", rather at 8.5". So i redid it.
Size difference
Next I decided that I would want/need at least 2 of every block to make my quilt a decent size. So I made another Sept. block.
Looking good right? :) I then started working on the new October blocks. LOVE the design, and again I want 2 of each. Prepare yourself ....
Yup I goofed AGAIN! As I'm making the blocks I keep reading "Make sure the diagonal seam is aligned exactly like the photo" and kept rechecking as instructed. So imagine my upset when I realized I did it wrong. Grr! I paid extra special attention on my 2nd one. lol
I contemplated redoing the oops block, but I still like it, it's kind of a wacky pinwheel. And it's my quilt so why shouldn't it reflect my learning process as I become a better quilter. It will probably bug me for years to come, but I'm going to treat it as a lesson in patience. Slowing down and doing a job well done.
All of my CVQ BOM blocks to date.
Can't wait to see next month's block and disover a new way to mess it up! lol
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment