Monday, January 30, 2012

dead camera

I set out to take pictures of the goodies from the weekend, and alas the camera is dead. :(  I need to break down and order a rechargable battery/station thing, but just haven't yet.  So I have a list of pictures to take next weekend when I get a new battery.

Makenzie was flipping through one of my quilting magazines and found this pillow. She decided that she wanted to make it. Oh boy. Momma thought it looked like a big first sewing project, but so far so good. She has all the pieces cut, and two of the four squares complete. I am VERY proud of her.

Two blocks done for February block lotto, to be shown Wednesday when the block is released to the masses.

I made another kids messenger bag in brown duck cloth and a purple flower pattern for Craft Hope. The kids have started making hats on the round knifty knitters. A little messy, but it warms my heart that they are putting their time to good use. I also tried a couple tshirt bags this morning and I think the kids will be able to make them with minimal supervision.

This morning I cleaned up my crafty space and whipped up the mason jar pincushion I've been planning for awhile now. It's beautiful and very practical.

Fantabulous news! I'm gonna be an aunt again!!!  My little brother is gonna have a baby. So happy for them both. Ever since he told me I have been pinning away over at Pinterest. I did a trial and error baby bib yesterday, heavy on the error. But that's ok, i learned my lesson and am looking forward to making many matching bibs/burp cloths in both girl and boy varieties. I figure I will in find someone to give the other sex stuff to. And knitting socks, embellishing onsies, furniture, the possibilities are endless!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment