Tuesday, January 10, 2012

another something new

I am going to have to stop perusing online, yep I found another quilting activity. :)

Enter Project Quilting. A new challenge every 2 weeks for 12 weeks. The first is Architectural Elements. I was stumped.

When I started thinking about architecture, my first thought was Roman Architecture. So I began googling. I found tons of pictures of the Roman arches and they're lovely. But those pictures led me to think of the St. Louis Arch which I have visited many times. And why not make it personal? :) It is such an amazing structure.


My project is a 7"x9" hotpad (potholder). We can never have too many!  The piecing is very simplistic, it's the free motion quilting that I feel makes it pop.

The 4 fabrics and 4 different threads were all stuff I had on hand, so a zero cost project... my favorite kind!

This really threw me out of my comfort zone and I feel like I created a piece of art. So happy to be participating in this. Makenzie is gonna be pretty excited when she gets home and sees that I did it. She was giving me pointers this morning when she seen my sketch. :)

Ok off to pick up the house and start working on my string quilt. If the hubby doesn't see me working on it in between all these other projects he's gonna get testy. :P
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment