Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 FMQ Challenge- January

Free motion quilting facinates me, so when I found the FMQ Challenge at SewCalGal I knew it was now or never to give it a try. I have decided to combine many things with this challenge. My final quilted block each month will be that month's Block Lotto block. I had already decided to make a sampler out of this years blocks so this fit together perfectly. Since I will be quilting the block month by month, it will also be my first QAYG (quilt as you go) project. I found a good tutorial here and I think it'll be cool to see it all come together in December. :)  Ok on to my pics.

This is the front of my first practice sandwich. My machine wasn't set up correctly and I had to fight with it for awhile to get it just so.

The back of the same sandwich, you can really tell here how much trouble my little machine was giving me!

Front of the second practice sandwich. Much better! I tried to focus on making different size leaves to fill in the space better.

Back of 2nd sandwich. No machine oopsies here!

The front of my finished block! The block is Eclipse and is Block Lotto's January block. I used a light tan to quilt.

Since I'll be doing QAYG I used a light muslin on the back.

Love FMQ and can't wait for next month's challenge!

Laura

3 comments:

  1. Looking good!! Isn't great when you get the hang of it! It dosen't seemed to take you long soon you will be a wizz at it. Well Done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had problems with your first piece. We've all been there. Your final pieces look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! You are doing a really good job! ~jeanne in IL

    ReplyDelete