Monday, April 2, 2012

May block lotto

First of all... HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENZIE!


On Monday I decided I was gonna attempt this month's block lotto block. And oh boy did it kick my booty. The cutting was confusing, the sewing was slightly difficult, but the real problem was my lack of forethought to cut the block big enough to begin with.
It turned out pretty wonky, but I was able to square it up to 9".  Which is 1/2" too small for the block lotto regulations. Ugh! Kicking myself left and right! But I quickly came up with a good use for it.
I sewed a piece of muslin to the back, raw edges in, and plan on using it as a pocket for an apron for the current Craft Hope project. Thinking of this made me very happy. An error on my part is going to turn into a one of a kind apron for a Haitian woman. LOVE it!

Hopefully over the weekend I can make a block that meets lotto standards :)

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment